08 November 2009

bus stops

seriously, there is something wrong with me.

i don't remember exactly when this had first happened or how; but whenever i ride the bus especially when the destination is cubao, my mind goes haywire. as soon as i get my money ready to pay the approaching conductor five rows ahead (i normally won't sit at the first five rows given the choice), i start thinking of marlboro lights. yes. the cigarette. it's not that i want to smoke or anything but it starts competing with what i should say as my destination. in my mind, i have to repeat my destination over and over again for fear that i may actually say marlboro lights instead of cubao.

one time i rode the bus at monumento to meet with a friend at cubao. the conductor approached me for my payment and asked where i'll be getting down. i had rehearsed cubao over and over again in my mind but i began to space out and i told the guy "monumento." he stared at me and said i rode the bus at monumento with a slight sneer. i chuckled and said " oh sorry, marlboro lights!" what?

i don't know how to figure this thing out. am i really that much of a wacko? whaddup. true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment